View count: 863
Local Related Links
Local Related Links
- Matsu National Scenic Area
- The Matsu Islands, like a string of pearls fallen from the heavens around the mouth of the Min River, are sometimes called the "Pearls of the Eastern Min.” The islands are filled with enchanting mountain and coastal scenery, yet historical happenstance made them hardened fortresses on the sea, shrouded in mystery until military rule was lifted in the area in 1992. On March 15, 1999, the Executive Yuan designated Matsu a National Scenic Area. In June of that year, it permitted the Ministry of Transportation and Communications' Tourism Bureau to establish the Matsu National Scenic Area Administration to take responsibility for development and management work, and it officially began operations on November 26. From that time on, the unique face of Matsu began to be brought out.
- North Coast & Guanyinshan National Scenic Area
- North Coast & Guanyinshan National Scenic Area encompasses the northern coast of Taiwan and Guanyinshan. The administrative area including bays and mountain ranges is full of attractions and recreational facilities: beaches, hiking trails, waterwheel parks, coral reef trenches, weathered rocks(Queen’s Head, Fairy’s Shoe, Ice Cream Rocks), streets with old buildings, puppet museum, Buddhist temples of long history, and many others. Start your adventure and take snapshots of the stunning beauty of Nature!
- Penghu County Government
- Penghu locates on the Taiwan Strait between China and Taiwan in asia. It is the only island county of Taiwan. When the time of low tide comes, more than one hundred isles appear. Therefore, the number of the total isles varies. At a rising tide, there are, generally speaking, 90 isles scattered between north latitude 23o12’to 23o 47’ and east longitude 119o19’ to 119o43’. The utmost east isle is called "Zhamu isle" , the utmost west isle is called "Hua isle", the utmost south isle is called "Cimei isle", and the utmost north isle is called "Dogiao isle". The utmost west isle is also the utmost west boundary of Taiwan. Another unusal thing about Penghu isles is that the tropic of cancer goes through the "Hoojing isle" , one of the 90 isles.
- Lichi Badland Geopark
- Lichi Badland Geopark has a well-developed badland landscape. The argillaceous rock is sculptured by water runoff and form well-developed gullies. The area is also a good site to observe badland landscape. The ultrabasic rock of ophiolite suite is evident here as a result of tectonic collision. The uniqueness of the local geology and scarcity of the landscapes gives this area its unique characteristics.
- Caoling Geopark
- Yunlin Tsaoling Geopark is located in Gukeng, Yunlin County. It is well-known for its natural beauty and rapid landform evolution of landslides, huge cliffs, waterfalls and potholes. Local governments not only subscribe to the conservation of the landscape and environmental education, but also develop geo-tourism as a form of tourism to boost the area’s social and economic development.